G&R caramelized vidalia® onion dip
- 1 large G&R Vidalia® Sweet Onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley, if desired
- 2-3 cups pita chips, pretzel crackers or butter crackers,for serving
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion and butter, stirring every few minutes, until onion becomes golden brown and caramelize, about 15-20 minutes.
Transfer caramelized onion to a large bowl. Stir in yogurt, sour cream and salt.
Garnish with freshly ground pepper and chopped parsley. Serve with crackers or chips for dipping.